Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Commercials? No way!


I have gotten so used to watching shows off my DVR that I can no longer watch commercials. Each second is a moment of my life that I just can't get back, and I'd rather spend it watching a fake person's fake drama, thank you very much. Usually my tv and I don't have a problem, since I have quite a collection of shows stored up. Today, however, I got out of training early and finished off all of my saved stuff. So I had to watch LIVE TV *gasp*! To deal with the minutes of boredom in between the drama, I did something weird to my nails. I don't know what to call it. It kind of looks like a birthday card made by a 3rd grader.

In case you like having 3rd grade birthday cards on your fingers, here's how to get the look -

1. Apply layer(s) of nude polish. The one I bought needed like 4 layers before it looked decent. Maybe buying a darker shade would help.
2. Go crazy with some green! I decided to paint half (diagonally) of my nail a fun color. Seemed like a good idea at the time. It actually looked good enough to just keep it with nude and green at this point, but I still had at least 3 more commercial breaks to suffer through.
3. Dots! I used a nail polish pen to draw dots along the diagonal split. It kind of helps, just in case your line wasn't perfectly straight.
4. Stars & flowers. I bought little glitter.. things... so I used them. The best way to make them stick is to put some clear polish on, stick it to that, and cover it up with more clear. TADA!

Now I'm off to watch American Horror Story! I really hope it doesn't scare me too much... Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment