Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Harry Potter and the Fast Five

Ya know what comes out on Friday? HARRY FREAKING POTTER.

I love Harry Potter. I love the series so much that I have an app on my phone that counts down the seconds until the midnight release of the final movie [5 days 17 hours 40 minutes 16 seconds]. If you don't love Harry Potter, then you are wrong.

I had a plan to re-read all of the books before the last movie came out, but... I haven't made it yet. Stupid work getting in the way of my HP love... I have work on Friday, bright and early at 7AM, but I'm going to see it at midnight anyway! I hope you have your tickets already, because they've been sold out for a while now lol.


Ok, end of HP word-vomit.

Last night my sister and I checked out the Windchimes Dollar Cinema down the street from my place. It's actually $1.50 (*shock*) but other than the tiny difference in price, this place was pretty sweet. I've never really been to a dollar theater, but I always imagined them to be pretty sketchy. This place wasn't the nicest theater I've ever been to, but it wasn't the worst either! The concessions were pretty cheap and they had some sweet-looking arcade games. The crowd was a bit rowdier than the usual bunch, but that might have been because it was 9:30 on a Friday and we were seeing Fast Five.

If you've never seen a Fast and Furious movie, then I'm not sure where you've been living for the past 10 years. Go out and watch #1, 2, and 4 immediately. Completely skip the third one though - Tokyo Drift has nothing to do with any of the other movies, and I still refuse to watch it.

Fast Five AKA The Fast and the Furious Five AKA Large Men in Fast Cars - is a pretty good movie, if you suspend all knowledge of physics and can get past The Rock's ridiculous beard. I totally recommend going out to see this. I actually saw it when it first came out, too, and it still holds up the second time around.


Aside from their horribly unclever sequel names (2 Fast, 2 Furious; The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift; Fast & Furious; Fast Five) this series is actually really good. Usually after the first two or so movies I start freaking out when more sequels pop up (Land Before Time, anyone?). Yes, some of the acting is getting a little hokie *cough* THE ROCK *cough, cough* but the stories are still pretty good and the jokes aren't getting old. I think they've gotten everyone (including The Rock) to sign up for a sixth, which should be out in the next year or two.

Things to look for (and laugh at) during the movie:
- The beard, of course
- The inevitable fight scene between The Rock and Vin Diesel
- Every face The Rock makes

I hope you like this movie as much as I do! Just watch out for your fellow movie-goers afterwards. People tend to pretend they're Paul Walker and race out of the parking lot.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is my favourite thing. It makes me crack up every time, and I am just a creeper who comments on everything with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i'm glad someone is getting a giggle out of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha.. this movie was ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. That being said, I can't wait to see the next one! And yes, I am going back and reading the blog posts I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for a reader!! yeah, i laughed my face off at all of the serious parts. i have a feeling the next one will be even more crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Посетите мой сайт и закажите оборудование для салонов красоты. Здесь можно дешево купить Lupa nagłowna, Newface beauty, наружные жалюзи, Frezarka do pięt cena

    ReplyDelete