Thursday, November 29, 2012
1. Looks like the main character is a sassy bitch. Scracth that, two sassy bitches.
2. Every person in this movie so far is gorgeous and vaguely familiar.
3. Woah.. inappropriate touching in the workpalce! Wait... wait... inappropriate TONGUE-TOUCHING in the workplace!!!
4. When does the hot man in this banner show up? I guess Momma Sista-Sista will do for now.
"You better be calling with some good news or else you'll be singing Christmas carols as a soprano."
5. This is how I dance when I'm on the phone. All the time.
6. HAHAHA oh my gosh I should really read what these movies are about before I watch them. Since it's in the 2 sentence blurb that I assume you've already read, this isn't a spoiler. Sassy blonde bitch dies and haunts sassy black bitch Scrooge-style.
7. Well hellooooooooooooooooooooo there Chad Michael Murray!! How do you only look better with age? Has it really been 11 years since you were bumping uglies with Jen and Joey down at the Creek? And how do you always know how much stubble is the PERFECT amount? Those scrubs really bring out the color of your... crotch.
8. Alright, sassy bitch has dated EVERY male in this movie. I should be more appalled but I can blame her. Look at these bangin' bods! Girl's only got so much self control here!
9. Rock-hard-bod #1 looks like an angel when he fake-sleeps.
10. I also like to prove that people can't see my by flashing my lady lumps! ABC Family, you sure know women. And families.
"Oh Carl, your old, wrinkled hands would feel so good on my young, firm ..."
11. I think I need a trench-coat dress.
12. And a cheer squad to help narrate my life choices and ex-boyfriends. Brad is pretty adorable... And this football uniform..!
"You put out! She put out!"
13. Have you ever wondered what it's like to act like you're super sad in a room full of other actors acting like idiots? I'll have to ask CMM.
14. Another shocker that I wasn't prepared for. The look on CMM's face portrays my feelings exactly. Bitches be crazy.
"I get to show you all the ways your bitchitude affects those around you."
15. Little reminder, this was made by ABC Family. And they're talking about stealing herpes medicine.
"Hello can I buy some ointment to put out the fire in my underpants?'
16. During a lull in the plotline, I looked up blonde bitch. She was a Six Chick in 13 Going On 30! She's also in a popular tv show, but I don't watch that so it doesn't count.
17. Predictable ghost of future boyfriends. Snooze. Bring back the hottie!!
18. H - O - T! T - I - E!! We need hottie!!! I don't care about the rest of her life/friends. All of this making up seems REEEEEALLY easy. 30 second conversations mending decades of wounds. MMk. Looks like she's doing exactly what she planned on doing in the first place.
19. I love Ross Matthews. Too bad he wasn't around more!
"Heaven has an open bar! And Heath Ledger. And James Dean."
Too soon, ABC Family. Too soon.
20. HOTTIE!!! I love his tattoo. What is it? I don't know. Nor do I care. I just want it near me.
HO HO HO or NO NO NO?
HO NO HO!
Overall, this is a pretty decent corny movie. The gorgeous men make this worth watching. But probably never rewatching.
P.S. I just looked up 3 different "Best Christmas Movies" lists and all three of them listed Die Hard as the best Christmas movie of all time hahaha. I am so pumped.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
1. I am approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds into this movie and I already know it's going to be great. Super hyper girl, douchey-seeming fiance, overly loving/annoying mother with a hilarious accent, and Christmas music.
Notable Quotes already:
"What? Mexico?? Hillary, we have palm trees and sand here!" *jumps into douchemobile*
*nasal voice* "I need to know if that fiance of yours will eat yams. I've never met anyone who'd turn down my yam casserole!"
2. 3 minutes in - We've got the meet-cute. An adorably gorgeous man in a ridiculous outfit enters the picture. Obviously these two are meant for each other. I am satisfied. He also looks really familiar....
3. Senor Douche takes the little lady out to dinner, texts on his douche-phone, and tells her that her life's work is pointless and that she should spend her time planning dinners. Welp, I'm ready to ditch this loser already!
Girl: "Pittsburgh? What am I going to do in Pittsburgh?"
Douche: "Be my wife."
4. Woooooooooah, twist I didn't see coming! Hallmark, you've bested me! Not sure how to proceed with these bullet-points. No spoilies!
5. The mom is almost up there with the mom from Just Friends. I'm going to start practicing her accent. Oh, they just showed her face. She's Mrs. Brady!
6. I can't stop smiling at this man's face.
"Do you have any clothes that aren't stained with coffee or shaped like a giant cell phone?"
7. She made him ruin his hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Something cute just happened song-wise. Keep an eye out for some piano-playing. And adorable storytelling.
"There's Hillary! We'll do the... feet thing later."
9. Obligatory walk-in-on-a-man-naked scene. Thanks, movie-gods. Also, everyone in this movie sleeps naked. Prepare yourselves.
10. Oh good, the yams come back. *VOMIT*
11. Ok, so when families ruin the turkey on Thanksgiving they always go to some horrible restaurant. Does no one keep ANY other food at home? Like maybe some frozen steaks? Or chicken? Soup? I'm positive that you don't have to go out just because you ruin ONE part of the meal. What about the delicious sides??
"I asked for selzer... This looks like tap water with.. cheese in it?"
12. Ok, this is horrible of me, but during a lull in the plotline, I found this picture of Mr. Hottie with what appears to be a lazy-eyed female companion.
13. I really hate when parents make the son-in-law call them Mom and Dad. He has his own parents! Stop that!
14. Family forcing the couple to kiss and them realizing that they're really in love. This is my favorite part of all chick flicks!
15. More piano playing and weird singing... I don't like it now. Oh my gosh it's getting worse. I'm near tears. HAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh it got so awkward that it got good again. Watch for the faces they make and their crazy singing mouths.
16. The jig is up! The news is out! Mr. Douche strikes again!
17. This girl is an idiot. AN IDIOT! Also, this mother sucks.
18. MOMENT OF REALIZATION. Thank goodness, because it's getting past my bed time.
19. Hmm Mr. Douche has more muscles than I realized. Well hello there.. Mr. Pecs.
20. No spoilies, but I'm sure you will be pleased with the ending. It's ridiculous, yet adorable. This is Hallmark after all! A super random dog shows up though... everyone acts like he's their best friend and has been there the whole time...
HO HO HO or NO NO NO?
HO HO HO!
I listen to approximately one zillion podcasts throughout the week. I'm almost always at a computer, so I spend most of my time with one earbud in, listening to hilarious dudes talk about equally hilarious things. One show, Jonah Raydio, has a comedian (Jonah Ray) talking to a couple guests each week (usually people who've been in the music industry) while playing a bunch of songs he thinks are awesome. I listed to an episode a while back that talked about a DJ named Pogo who splices famous tv/movie clips into really catchy songs. I think my favorite so far is the Alice remix, although the Scooby Doo one is pretty sweet as well. Here's a few of the videos! Check him out on his website (doesn't he look adorable?) and YouTube channel.
P.S. The next holiday movie I'll be watching is Christmas Cupid.
Monday, November 26, 2012
I started my Christmas shopping a couple weeks ago (almost done!) which seemed like a good idea, but it's actually horrible. Since I have more time to browse I've ended up buying a TON of stuff. Mostly for myself. *sigh* I bought a bunch of really awesome polishes on Etsy, most of which are Christmas themed. I'll be trying them all out this holiday season, but I'm going to start off with the one I was most excited about and HAD to have. I was actually in Dallas for a training class on glycol dehyrdation when this went on sale. I'm sure I looked like an extreme weirdo huddled in the corner of the room refreshing the page on my phone until I finally got it.
In keeping with my Christmas tradition last year, here's a little Christmas ditty for you to hum along with while you take a look at KB Shimmer Wrappers Delight.
I used a base of e.l.f. Dark Navy and just ONE COAT of Wrappers Delight. It's sooooo full of glitters!!
Christmas Movie Marathon
In other news, I'm going to be watching at least one NEW (as in I've never seen it before) Christmas movie every week until the big day. Tonight's flick is called Holiday Engagement and is available on Netflix instant streaming. No idea if this is good yet, but I will let you know! And if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears! I've seen most of the classics (I think?) and most of the newer ones (90s-present) but I'm sure I missed a lot in the 70s-80s range. I'll do a little research, too.
HO HO HO.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
For this look, I used Essie Licorice and sponged on OPI Goldeneye. It was actually REALLY quick and easy to do. :] The cleanup was a bitch though... I couldn't get all of the gold flakes to come off easily. So I gave up. Sorry!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Without much further adieu, I give you - PUMPKIN PIE SHOTS!!
Pumpkin Pie Shots:
1 spoonful canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
1 oz. coconut milk (or regular milk)
1 oz. rum
1 oz Baileys
1/3 oz. amaretto
1 tbs brown sugar
I'm gonna be honest, I just eyeballed everything... cuz that's how I roll. Feel free to switch up the amounts!
1. Dump the ingredients into an ice-filled shaker.
3. Rim shot glasses with crushed graham cracker (I used Nilla Wafers, cuz that's what I had.)
4. Pour the drink into shot glasses. This probably makes about 2 or 3.
5. Top with whipped cream.
6. SHOOT IT!
Friday, November 16, 2012
The base is Revlon Beach. The glitter is Sinful Colors Call You Later, and the sweeping color is China Glaze Agro! I thought it needed a little something more, so I split the two sections with some gold striping tape.
I actually took a lot more pictures, but I really don't think any of them capture how pretty this looks. Here's the best couple.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
This whole week I'm in Dallas for a work training class (learning a ton about triethylene glycol dehydration!). Turns out being alone in a hotel is super boring. I really wanted to paint some sweet nails to cheer myself up, but it's super impractical to bring ALL my supplies. Plus the wifi in this place suuuuuucks so I can't upload any pictures from my laptop. I'm writing this on my phone right now.... Ug. Eventually I trekked over to CVS and bought some Impress Nails that I've been eyeing for a while. I really don't like wearing fake nails, but these "Vamp It Up" ones were too cute to resist. Hopefully this Blogger app will let me add pictures... Cross your fingers, folks.
They'll probably have that weird check pattern on them like my last phone post... And I apologize for the cell phone quality... lol
Sunday, November 11, 2012
I took some pictures before adding the brown dots, juuust in case I messed everything up horribly.
I obviously thought my thumb looked the coolest.
Friday, November 9, 2012
Then I added some white striping tape to finish it off!
Monday, November 5, 2012
And since today is Election Day here in the ole US of A, I did a half-assed election mani. The base is OPI The Spy Who Loved Me with Naild'It's Indie-pen-dance Grand Finale glitters.