Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Fall Shows!

I love tv. Loooooove! Thank goodness all of our (my) favorite shows are back! At some point I might write about ALL of the shows that I currently watch, but it would be close to novel-length. I am a gross couch potato.

There's about a million new shows out there to try out. Although I haven't watched them all, here's a few I've been getting into. Don't worry, I won't be giving out any spoilers that you couldn't figure out from the previews or the first 10 minutes of each show.

Ringer

If you're into completely impossible situations and ridiculous responses to them, then this show is for you! Don't let my sarcasm fool you, I'm actually really liking it so far. It's about a (former) alcoholic chick who witnessed a murder and is running away so that she doesn't have to testify against a gangbanger. Impossible situation #1: the gangbanger is from WYOMING. Have you ever even met a normal person from Wyoming? No, you have not. Now can you imagine a terrifying mob man from there? Alrighty, so as the drunko is running away, she meets up with her twin sister, a bitch married to an amazingly rich dude. Shit goes down, and Drunko ends up pretending to be her twin. Impossible situation #2: no one seems to think it's weird that Drunko acts completely different than Bitchy and has no idea who anyone is. Come on. I really want to know how this thing plays out, cuz last week it got crraaaazier!


American Horror Story

This just premiered last night and... WOAH, is this freakin' weird. It's by one guy who created Glee and one guy who created Nip/Tuck - weirdest combination ever? Yes. Times infinity. As a major Gleek, I can tell you that this is nothing like Glee. The show is about a family moving into the world's creepiest house, ignoring the glaring signs that it's haunted. Pretty much every single thing about this show is sick and twisted. At one point I wanted to throw up... but in a good way? I cannot imagine ANY of these things happening to normal people. I can't tell you why, but this is seriously not a show for the weak at heart. If you watch this, be prepared for blood and guts, tears, extreme nudity, and the weirdest sex scenes you will ever witness. I really need someone else to start watching this, if only to have someone else crying into a pillow with me.

Up All Night

If I ever become a parent, this is exactly what I hope I'd be like. This married couple, played by the gorgeous Will Arnett - and the.. meh.. Christina Applegate, are young and hip, partying the nights away. And then the have an "oops baby." But it's not your typical story where the parents regret having the kid! Hooray! They're making it work, while attempting to still live awesome lives. Plus, it's HILARIOUS. I may or may not have a weird thing for Will Arnett, which makes everything he says extremely witty and hilarious, but this show really is good. And you don't have to look at the hideous baby too much, so don't worry.


New Girl

IIIIIIIIIII love Zooey Deschanel. She's hilarious and cute in everything she's in (except for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but that was just terrible). Jess (Zooey) just broke up with her hideous creep of a boyfriend and moved in with three random dudes who posted an ad online. She's an uber nerd, girl-style! Pretty much every situation reminds me of something that has happened to me, which makes it even better. I haven't talked to a single person yet who doesn't love this show. Well, there was one person, but he's kind of a poop. Don't be that poop.






Hart of Dixie

Rachel Bilson, who always looks adorable, is playing a surgeon from New York who's forced to go work as a general practitioner in Alabama. Having lived in Bama for five years, I think every single reference to weird things they do there completely hilarious and 99% wrong. Never have I ever seen grown women dress up in southern bell costumes and take it seriously. There also appear to be no Auburn fans in this tiny town. Which I find hard to believe. Anyway, the hottie quarterback from Friday Night Lights / Racer X has an adorable fake accent and is pretty much the sweetest human known to man. Dr. Adorable, on the other hand, has zero bedside manner and has never been anywhere outside NY. It's not quite hilarious, and not really heartbreaking, but everybody in the show is really good-looking... Tough call. I'm giving it a few more weeks.

Pan Am 

This show is a blatant attempt by ABC to get something one tenth as awesome as Mad Men. It's not. But come on, you can tell that just from the previews. It's basically a show about a bunch of women who want to see the world and sleep with a lot of rich dudes. Who can blame them? They have a weird secret agent side story going on, which may prove to be interesting, but right now I'm having fun placing bets on who's going to sleep with who.














These shows haven't come out yet, so I can't tell you much about them, other than I want to watch!

Once Upon a Time

October 23

Not really sure what's going on here, but it looks crazy corny, along the lines of Tenth Kingdom. If this show is anything like that, I'm watching it. The end.






Grimm

October 28

Fairy tales coming to life in the form of a crime drama?




Last Man Standing

October 11

This show looks like Home Improvement, only slightly raunchier and with daughters. I heart Time Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment