Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!!

Have you guys watched The Americans? I've been DVR-ing it, but today I finally watched a few episodes. This show is cray! It's about Russian spies living in America in the '80s and all the wild spy stuff they do. Apparently the took a page from the James Bond spy book, because the only form of interrogation they use is to have hot hot sex with their target... So I guess everyone wins? 

I did some Woody nails a couple days ago, and I've been pondering how I'd get Buzz Lightyear to the party. I thought about just free-handing everything, but I have a feeling that it'd end up a smudgy mess. Instead I put a bunch of green, purple, and red polish on a plastic sheet, let it dry over night, and then cut out into Buzz shapes. This was still SUPER difficult because they're little tiny pieces of very flimsy polish. But I think it worked pretty great! I ended up painting on the buttons, mostly because I can't cut tiny circles to save my life. I don't know if I'd recommend this method, but I did have a lot of fun doing it!









No comments:

Post a Comment