I've got another Lifetime movie for you today! This one looks a little more promising than the last one. Is there a single Lifetime movie that doesn't involve people falling in love? Not that I'm complaining, I'd just like to spice up my life a bit. I wish I had the Hallmark channel... Anyways, set your DVR to record Love At The Christmas Table, whip out the popcorn, and get ready to (hopefully) laugh your bum off!
1. The main character is a man (Sam)!! Something new! And a house where it's always Christmas? Lovin' it.
"Those pants do not mount the most passionate defense of your rear."
2. Awww this is going to be a movie about little kids falling in love and then finally getting together a thousand years later! Just Friends, anyone? I'm already pumped. Hello, Joyce?
3. Well this is an adorable semi-montage. I wish I had an adorable childhood that could be made into a montage... HAHAHA oh my gosh, prepare yourselves for the "Age 13" clip. When do this girl's awful bangs go away?
4. Aww, this girl is me! Way too much of a tomboy, likes to beat people up, secretly loves boys while pretending to hate them. Ah, memories.
"I'm the only person in this house honest enough to tell you that your thrift-store jacket smells like a gerbil cage."
"Whatcha doin' creepin' around a cow shed at five in the mornin'?? Doesn't seem very wiiiiiise to me!"
5. Does anybody else think these two dads are secretly gay for each other? Just me? I have a sixth sense about these kinds of things.
6. These kids talk like the kids on Dawson's Creek. Waaaayyy too over the top, yet lovable And this man is so adorable. Oh momma!
"I can't believe I showed you my tractor."
He, like all Lifetime actors, looks vaguely familiar... One episode of Supernatural?
7. Semi-adults stuck at the adult table, wishing they were still at the kid's table. Story of my life! Ah, this movie is seriously making me so happy right now.
8. I often have serious conversations with people while drinking a beer, sitting fully-clothed in a bathtub. There's nothing weird about this, right?
"You look like a little golden retriever puppy waiting to get walked."
9. They have yet to explain how anybody knows this Christmas house lady. Is she just the friendly neighbor who always throws the best parties? Why does no one go to their own houses for Christmas? and WHAT is this drink she just made (Age 23/24)?? The green liquid looked more like glue! "Christmas Tree #2" is what she calls it.
Uh oh.. poor Christmas lady! Her life sounds tragic!
10. If you can't tell by now, I'm LOVING this movie. Best of the ones I've watched so far!! I'd really like to rearrange my life so that some of this can happen to me... Anybody have an adorable man friend lying around that I can fall madly in love with?
WARNING: There's a dance scene coming up. And it involves this song.
11. Have you guys ever stuffed two people into one jacket? I feel like I have.. but I don't remember it... Either way, it couldn't have been half as adorable as this two-people-one-jacket scene.
12. A KISS!!! A KISS!!! You guys, I've never been this excited for a kiss. Even ones I've been involved with. Wow, that's sad.
13. Are all Christmas movies set in Illinois? It seems like a lot of them are.. This makes me happy.
14. Oh man... time for an epic fight. This one is especially brutal. Prepare yourselves.
15. This movie has to end happily, right? It's like a Lifetime rule?
16. I'm going to throw up I'm so nervous. This shouldn't be a thing. I don't know these people. They're not real people!
17. Oh my gosh you guys, all is right with the world. I believe in Christmas magic, and love, and all that is good.
HO HO HO or NO NO NO?
HO HO HO!! TO THE MAX!!
I loved this movie so much that I had a hard time not tearing up with excitement every couple minutes. Go watch this. Right now. Why are you still reading this?