Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Man of My Television Dreams

I watch a million tv shows a week. I'm a total junkie, living vicariously through the exciting (fake) lives of the doctors, lawyers, vampires, and cops I follow religiously. Each show I pick up always seems to bring with it a new character for me to fall in love with. I can't help it! On any given day, you can find me curled up on my couch, drooling over my fake boyfriend of the hour.

Why are these guys so wonderful?! I took a few (not nearly all) of the characters I'm currently crushing on and tried to figure it out.

Special Agent Sealy Booth - Bones



For years, people had been telling me that I should be watching Bones, but I didn't really listen until about a year ago. And oh-my-goodness am I hooked. Sealy is probably the toughest, hottest character on tv right now. He's a beast: former Army Ranger sniper, current FBI agent. He's goofy: always wearing multi-colored socks, a crazy tie, and a "cocky" belt buckle. He's a total sweetheart: great dad, goes out of his way to make sure everyone around him is safe from all of the craziness. He has a bit of a dark past, which most ladies seem to go gaga for (it'll be a reoccurring theme in this post, for sure). Overall, I'm ready to marry this man. Let's make that happen.

Dream Rating:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  






Spike - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

I'm kind of in a late-90s tv mood. I never watched Buffy when it was on, but I caught up on all of them a few months ago. It kinda sucks to watch a show a decade after the rest of the world. I don't have anyone to express my newly-discovered devotion to! *HRMPH* My friends got many random texts from me about Spike, the vampire you just love to hate. Apparently, the writers had planned to kill him off after the first season, but due to his huge popularity, he became a major part of the entire series. Spike made this show worth watching. Like, it's a cool show in general, but his jokes and wacky plans made me want to never leave my couch. Although he seems completely evil on the outside, he really has a good heart! That's important when falling in love with any bad-boy. The awesome accent didn't hurt, either. ;)

Dream Rating:  ♥ ♥ ♥  


Pacey Whitter - Dawson's Creek



Yet another 90s show I'm currently watching! I'm only two seasons in, but let me tell you - Pacey is totally my  high school lover. He's totally misunderstood by his family, peers, and teachers - it just makes me want to hug him!! He's currently (for me, since I'm way behind) dating a crazy chick, but he's adorably sweet with her and protects her from a lot of the criticism from people at school. I'm really hoping that things start going a little better for him. Or that his dad drops off the face of the planet.

Dream Rating:  ♥ ♥ ♥  





Detective Jim Longworth - The Glades



This show frustrates the heck out of me. Like the guy is totally perfect, but the girl he's in love with is still married and pretty much just bitches about her life all the time. Stop making my man angry!! Jim is kind of your typical rogue detective character - doesn't play by the rules, always seems to get into a stand-off, and is an incredibly smooth-talker. He's also got an accent that I just can't place. But it's a goodun!

Dream Rating:  ♥ ♥ ♥ 












Jim Halpert - The Office


Jim is the perfect person to have around any office. He's not a bad-boy type, but he's constantly plotting new ways to mess with coworkers - which is adorable beyond belief.  For years he was crushing on, yet respectful of, his engaged coworker. Cute! Plus, he's always got a sly comment about all of the ridiculous stuff going on in the office, which just makes his adorable face even more adorable.

Dream Rating:  ♥ ♥ ♥  


To sum it all up, the perfect television man of my dreams is: clever, slightly bad, and always witty. And a nice bod doesn't hurt. ;D

P.S. Why do movie/tv villains always seem ridiculously horny? I'm just wondering.

2 comments: