Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Terrifying Tuesday: Animals

Right after I started working in Houston a couple coworkers and I started Terrifying Tuesday - a night dedicated to horrible yet horrifying movies that we were too scared to watch alone. Now that we've been working for a while we've all gotten a little busy for mid-week movie parties. Stupid work interfering with my social life! But now I'm reviving Terrifying Tuesday for you guys! I'm hoping this will be something like How Did This Get Made, a freaking hilarious podcast that talks about a horrible movie each week, spoilers and all. I hate spoilers as much as the next girl, but somehow spoiling bad movies doesn't bother me at all. If you are an uber spoiler-phob, most of these movies will be available on Netflix instant and you can give them a look-see before reading on. I'm going to be blogging as I watch, but I'll put a little warning in if I have any big plot spoilers.

Animals (2008)
I have never heard of this movie, and I'm not sure how it ended up in my Netflix queue. Sometimes the movie fairies just know when a movie must be seen. Here's the provided synopsis - 
After sleeping with Nora, a sexy stranger passing through town, Syd undergoes a supernatural transformation that plunges him into a frightening new reality and sparks conflict with Nora's angry ex-lover, who behaves more like an animal than a man. 
Average rating: *****
Best guess for me: *****
Now if that doesn't tickle your fancy I don't know what will. It's got a love triangle, some sexy strangers, and what seems to be a sexually transmitted vampire/werewolf disease. And just look at this poster for a minute.


"The deadliest predator is already inside you." Based on what we've been told about this supernatural STD, I don't know if this tagline's pun was horribly accidental or perfectly planned. Either way, I am entertained. Obviously we don't know who is who on this cover yet, but there seems to be a lot of sexy business going on. Is the redhead wearing a wedding ring? Does the woman in black remind anyone else of Beyonce? Are these vampires or werewolves? So much intrigue already! Time to pop some corn and settle in for - ANIMALS.

Pop over to Confetti & Meatballs for the rest of the review!


1 comment: