Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 21 Inspired by a Color

Just as a heads-up, I accidentally did 21 and 22 out of order. My bad.

Dudes. I feel like it's been ages since I've done my nails! Not good. I actually did them on Sunday, but they were a tad ugly. With Memorial Day and my 9/80 day, I totally had a four-day weekend last week!! With this wondrous amount of time off, I went to visit the two loves of my life, Kelley and Laura (no relation). Laura just got engaged AND Kelley turned 22, so we had a lot to celebrate! We went tubing in Martindale with a few significant others and had a blast. This float was a couple hours shorter than the one we were used to, but my skin appreciated getting slightly less burnt. Plus the water was waaaay deeper than the other place, which my ass appreciated. We spent most of the rest of the weekend watching hilarious movies and eating cheesecake. Definitely the best mini-vacation I've had in ages!

During the float, however, I managed to chip every single one of my nails. I had to chop them all off as soon as I got home, so please excuse the stubbiness.

Today's challenge was to be inspired by a color. I'm not really sure how you can be inspired by a color and not just paint your nails that one color, but I tried to think a little outside the box. As you very well know, the most glorious colors in the world are burnt orange and white [UT represent!]. And since the first game of the season is only 93 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes, and 32 seconds away, I felt like this was appropriate. I used this sponging technique! B-t-dubs, I moved all of my polish stuff onto the desk in my room, since I don't actually use it for my computer stuff. I haven't reassembled my lightbox yet, so these pictures were taken on the fly. I tried a bunch of different lighting to get the right orange to show up. Not sure if I got it...






Hook 'Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment