Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Captain America Shots

Since I love the Fourth of July and I love drinking, I decided to come up with a patriotic drink to celebrate the occasion. Nothing screams America more than CAPTAIN AMERICA. Luckily, there's already a drink for that, so I looked at a bunch of different version of it - and then I decided I didn't like them all and wanted to make up my own. Here's my shot-for-shot journey to the greatest Captain of them all.




Attempt #1
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz pina colada mixer
0.5 oz blue curacao






Result: Too sweet - I think that because the pina colada mix doesn't have rum in it (what was I thinking) it made it wayyy too sweet. And it sorta tasted like bubble gum..? I also made the shot a little too big. It filled the shot glass, but that's probably too much to take down in one swallow [that's what she said].














Attempt #2
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz Bacardi coconut
0.5 oz blue curacao


Result: This just looks horrible. The colors didn't separate at all!! They just look purple/brown... Tasted delicious though!! Just very coconutty.




























Attempt #3
0.5 oz grenadine
0.25 oz Bacardi coconut
0.25 oz pina colada mixer
0.5 oz blue curacao


[no pic]


Result: I've decided that the bubblegum flavor is coming from this blue shit. I've never bought it before, so I didn't really know how it would taste. Apparently it's supposed to be orange, but that's a lie... This tasted better than the first, not as good as the second. But it was prettier.




Attempt #4
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz vodka
0.5 oz blue curacao


Result: I didn't try this because I got so tired of the blue cacacaca. 


Attempt #5
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz pina colada mixer
0.5 oz blue raspberry mix












Result: This is 1000000 times better!!! There's not much alcohol in it though...
















Attempt #6
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz pina colada / bacardi mixture 
0.5 oz blue raspberry mix





















Result: Best so far!!! The blue and red stay together, instead of the blue floating on the top... but at this point I don't care. And check out this separation! Go me!! It turns out that it works better if you tilt the shot glass a little when you're pouring the pina in. I bought another blue thing, but at this point I'm not even going to open it because this blue stuff is so good. Might add some more booze to it though. I also bought coconut milk, but the pina/bacardi mix is working really well.


Attempt #7
0.5 oz grenadine
0.5 oz pina/bacardi
0.5 oz blue/bacardi




Result: Americaaaa FUCK YEAH! I think this is my final attempt. This separated well, was pretty strong, and tasted delicious!! 




I'm going to a bbq tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to bar-tend a little and see how other people like this!!


P.S. I have no idea what is going on with this formatting and why there's stupid text highlights. ARG!

No comments:

Post a Comment