Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vintage Rose Tutorial

Happy St. Patty's Day!! I just got back from a weekend trip with my two besties to a B&B in Fredericksburg. It was so much fun! Since I am the palest person on the planet, I managed to get sunburned by just being outside for like two hours. *sigh*

One of the comments on my last post asked for a tutorial for how I did the vintage roses. And this is my attempt at it! I kinda just made them up as I went along, but I think I managed to recreate one :] Please excuse my rough.. everything.. I managed to break nearly every nail in the past couple days.

I started off with a base of OPI What About Van Gough? and some Essie Matte About You.


Once that was reasonably dry, I made a three-blob shape with China Glaze Peachy Keen. Having perfectly round roses looks weird to me...


Then fill it in. It doesn't have to be perfect at this point.


I then took Spoiled My Silicone Popped and outlined the edges of the flower a little. It could be right on the edge or a littler further inward. Then I added a little blob in the middle.


I did the same thing with Spoiled My Button Fell Off here and there around the flower. It just helps highlight everything.


At this point I freestyled a bit and took a little of each of the colors to just help swirl them all together a little and then drew on leaves with China Glaze Starboard.




Finally, I used another coat of the Matte About You.


Hopefully this quick and dirty tutorial will help you guys out!!



Colors used:
Base - OPI Did You Hear About Van Gough?
Pink - Spoiled My Silicone Popped
Peach - China Glaze Peachy Keen
Light Pink - Spoiled My Button Fell Off
Green - China Glaze Starboard

No comments:

Post a Comment