Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Football For Dummies

I have been watching football for as long as I can remember. The most exciting day of the year for me, other than Christmas, of course, was Super Bowl Sunday. Being six or seven years old, the prospect of eating snacks in the living room while yelling at the tv seemed too good to be true.

Unfortunately, many people don't understand and/or like the game. Unreal! For many, many years, I've attempted to convert many of my besties into fans by explaining the scoring system, positions, etc. This doesn't seem to work. Ever. So I'm taking a new approach - humor! I'm hoping that once people see how fun and hilarious football can be, they'll be less hostile to sitting down and watching a game with me :)

Keyshawn Johnson, a former wide receiver and current ESPN commentator, started the C'mon Man segment before each Monday Night Football Game. Each week, he picks out the most ridiculous plays and invites America to laugh at the ones they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment