Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Google Music - No Longer A BETA!


Watch out, iCloud! Google, my favorite company in the world, launched Google Music Beta a few months ago for avid Googlers, like myself. The moment I got my invitation, I uploaded my 11,789 songs to "the cloud" and began headbanging to my awesome tunes everywhere!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll try and explain. The idea behind "the cloud" is that you can store files in some random blob of internet serverdom and then access it whenever and wherever you want. BRILLIANT! Since my work seems to keep blocking music sites such as Pandora, Spotify, etc. I had to find a new way to get my jams. Yesterday, Google Music moved out of the beta stage, and is now open to all users! All you need to get started is a Gmail account - and if you don't have one of those, then I don't know what you've been doing with your life.

Unlike iCloud, which seems to require you to have an iPhone or some shit, Google Music can be used by anyone. Basically, you sign in with your Gmail account, upload your songs (which might take a VERY long time, depending on your connection speed and number of songs), and then listen anywhere. As long as you have internet access, you can get onto the Google Music page and listen on your computer. Or if you have an Android device, there's an app that'll let you stream it to your phone. There is a 20,000 song limit currently, but come on. That's a shit ton. Google Music also lets you download a bunch of free songs everyday PLUS they don't count towards your 20,000. Freaking sweet!

Did I mention that it also keeps track of all of your playlists in iTunes? Well it totally does.

Screenshot Explanation
Here's a little bit of what the app looks like:


It can do all of the same stuff: keep your playlists, sort by album/artist/song/genre, remembers recent songs, etc. 

I'm still not a complete pro, since I haven't spent a lot of time exploring everything that Google Music can do. BUT, since Google is amazing, they always have a tour to look at and show you all of the awesome things you didn't even know existed. I just looked at it for a second and learned something new - GOOGLE MUSIC TOUR

I guess that concludes my rave about Google - it will take over the world one day. And I, for one, will be on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment