Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Frenchies for Free

I was a tad bored yesterday, so I did what I normally do and headed to CVS to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need. Luckily, I actually came out of there were some pretty sweet swag! The best purchase of this trip was Nailene Perfect Tips.


It's just a set of 90-something little plastic stickies, but they make attempting French manicures 1000 times easier than if you just free-handed it.

Step 1: Apply clear-ish pink layer. Or just really light pink.


Step 2: LET THAT SHIT DRY. Seriously. This is the hardest part for me, and I usually mess it up at least once. Put on some crazy-intense movie or something to keep you distracted for 15-30 minutes.

Step 3: Apply stickies. I'm not sure if there's a "proper" way to do this. I kind of just put them on so that the tip looked right. You can vary the width of your white stripe.


Step 4: White paint. After a few fugly lines, I figured out that the best way to apply the white paint was to get as little paint on the sticky as possible, let it dry for a couple (10-30) seconds, and gently peel the sticky off. You will most likely get some paint on the rest of your fingers (like I did), but no worries.


Step 5: Take a Q-tip, dip it in nail polish remover, and carefully wipe the excess paint off your hands. If you want, you can brush a little bit of a smudge-corrector along the line of white. This could help the line look a little less jagged in spot. Or it could totally mess it up, so you might want to test it out if you're not sure about your anti-smudge abilities. Coat your nails in a clear, shiny top coat, and... DONE!


I felt a little weird having pics of just 4 fingers, but if I tried to add my thumb in the shot it looked even worse. Just imagine a thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment