Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Football Thoughts of the Day

End of the Lockout
Football is back! The players and owners have finally reached an agreement, and all of the players have unanimously voted to follow the new collective bargaining agreement!! I could not be more excited.

Fantasy Football
Now I have to start thinking about my Fantasy team! I attempted to manage a team last year... and failed miserably. I like to think that I did so terribly because I was busy going to school. I'm not sure what I'll blame it on if I crash and burn this year. But I'm trying it again, and looking for all of the help I can get.

The Worst QB in the NFL
In other news, two starting QB's had wedding-ish events this week. Ben Roethlisberger got married. This fact alone amazes me. Isn't this the same dude who got in trouble a year ago for harassing women in restrooms?! Who wants to marry that?! And so quickly??! A gold-digger with a prenup, I'm sure. 


The other QB, Jay Cutler, ended his engagement to a chick who was way too hot for him anyway. What a poop. Although I'm a Bears fan, I have never liked Cutler. He just seems like a whiny baby. This article compares the two QB's to determine which one of them is hated more. I'm not sure which I dislike the most, but I feel like it's pretty bad when you're comparing a sex offender to a crybaby. Just saying. Step it up, Cutler.

The New and Improved Rants & Raves
My (former) roommate Marissa and I have been listening to the NFL Rants & Raves podcast religiously for 3 (soon to be 4) seasons. During the offseason, these guys have stepped up their game - Steven quit his job, and now the two guys are making daily five-minute videos about what's going on in the NFL. It's kind of weird putting a face to the voices I've been listening to for so long.  Since the videos are so short (as compared to the 2+ hour-long podcasts) they're a little more to the point. I still love all of the hilarious stories and strange tangents, but it's nice having just a quick video I can watch during my "coffee break" to get caught up on the news of the day. The guys have also launched their own YouTube channel, which has all of the videos, plus a few others they've made along the way.

If you're a football fan and you're not listening to these guys, you're really missing out. Even if you know nothing about football (a large percentage of their audience lives in the UK) they're still hilarious, especially for car rides (or walking around campuses). Although I've never met either of these guys, I feel like I know quite a bit out their lives. Maybe too much..?

Favre Watch 2011
What. The. Heck. For those of you who don't know, Brett Favre, originally a QB for the Packers, has retired from the game FOUR TIMES. Since his first retirement, he has played for two more teams, the Jets and the Vikings. At the end of each year he retired yet again. After this last one I was convinced that he would give it up for good and go play with his grandkid. Yes, he's a grandpa.

I've always loved Favre. He's been playing since 1991 when I was 2 years old. I grew up watching this man be a freaking indestructible beast. But that decades ago! I'm not sure why all of the media outlets have started talking about him coming back again, but they need to stop it. Don't get the idea in his head! You know how he is with decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Wooooo for being mentioned! Aaannnddd are you planing on playing FF with me? If so you're going dowwnnnn! ;]

    ReplyDelete