Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 24 Inspired by a Book

As a child, I read approximately one billion books. My mom brought my sister and I to the library once a week or so and we'd get the maximum number of books allowed at a time. Those were the days... One of these books was The Peanut Butter Trap by Elaine Moore. I'm fairly certain that no one else has read this book, but I thought it was great. 


The story starts out with our heroine, Crystal, getting into an argument with none other than class-clown Frank McCormick (why does this kid have an old man's name?). He is "a disgusting eepy-creepy nightmare" who puts grape bubblegum in her hair.


How rude! Crystal and her two best friends come up with a plot to get back at Frank once and for all - replace his daily peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a peanut butter and ANT sandwich!


Yowza! Since I know you'll all be rushing out to read this literary treasure, I won't spoil the ending for you. Let's just say there might be a little romance a-brewing on the ole playground.


For my nails I used my burnt orange paint (since it was the closest thing to PB color). Then I used a dotting tool to make the little ant bodies and a fine-tip marker to make the legs and antennae. 






No comments:

Post a Comment