Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

My First Christmas in Texas

Happy holidays!! Every year my family treks up to Illinois to visit the rest of our family for Christmas. This year, for many different reasons which I will not go in to, I'm staying by myself in Texas! When I've been all alone in the past (like when my finals ALWAYS ended a week after my roommate's and I was left in an empty dorm) I would hide in my room/dorm/apartment and never venture outside. This year I'm coming up with ideas to keep myself from getting sad and lonely.

December 21: I planned out all of the holiday dishes I am going to make and figured out what I needed to go buy. I also built a massive shoe cabinet!

December 22: I hit up Whole Foods, Randalls, and Bed, Bath & Beyond to get all of the things I needed. I decided to make lamb instead of turkey this year, but I didn't realize how expensive it was! When I was younger my family raised sheep, so we had lamb for free all the time. Little did I know that it's $11 per pound!! I also had to go buy a roaster and a few kitchen supplies that I was missing.

December 23: I'm going to the beach! I'm really not usually a fan of the ocean/beach/salt water, but it kinda sounds fun right now. The high is supposed to be 78 degrees tomorrow, which is just cool enough that I'll venture out of doors. I've got a massive list of books to read, so I'm packing up my sunscreen, towel, maybe a beach chair, some cucumber lemon infused water I just made, and The Book Thief and heading down to the Bolivar Peninsula tomorrow morning. I have a feeling that there won't be many other people there.

December 24: Cooking and cleaning day! I want to get all of the food I'm making prepped and ready so that I can just pop them all in the oven on Christmas day. I also plan on cleaning out my closet. That won't be very fun, but it has to be done. I'll probably watch a few Christmas movies while digging my way through it all.

December 25: Lazy day! Finish cooking, eat to heart's content, then watch a bazillion Christmas specials! Some movies on my list are: Die Hard, Die Harder, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, The Santa Clause, Christmas with Holly, The Mistle-Tones, Holly's Holiday, Under the Mistletoe, and Finding Mrs. Claus. PLUS there's all that great holiday football to watch!! It's going to be a busy day to say the least.

December 26-27: These plans aren't totally thought out yet. Maybe go see some movies at the dollar theater? Or Les Miserables!! I think some friends may be in town... If not I'm going to see some movies and then perhaps find some old-timey towns in the area to go stroll through.

December 28: Hanging out with Laura Tully! We're gonna do a test run of her wedding hair and then shop for wedding shoes!

December 29: Family comes back late tonight. Probably do brunch with Laura before she heads back to San Antonio.

December 30: Hang out with the fam-fam.

December 31: New Years Eve party!

January 1: Recover from New Years Eve party.

January 2: Go back to work.


I plan on taking pictures of all the fun things I do and posting them later. And sometime on the 24th I'll do my nails (after ruining them all cleaning) and post that up too! Until then - Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment