Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Austin City Limits & TX/OU Weekend

This weekend will be the weekend to end all weekends. Two of my biggest yearly celebrations have collided into one super holiday this year - ACL/OU!


First is the Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL). I've had my tickets for this year's festival since October 9, 2011. I am more than ready to go! This will be my 4th festival - I missed my freshman year of college and last year. But never again! ACL goes from 11AM Friday until 10:30PM Sunday. Dozens of the greatest bands both known and unknown, along with hundreds of thousands of hipsters and music lovers, make a yearly pilgrimage to Austin, TX - the Live Music Capitol of the World! I am super stoked about the lineup this year! I'd have to steal Hermione's time-turner and a teleporter to make it to everyone on my list, but I'm gonna try my damndest. My bestie Jordan and sister Eileen (along with a bunch of people from work and my lovely former roommate Maggie) will be joining me this year! Eileen and Jordan are both ACL newbies, so I'm hoping the weather stays nice so they can see Zilker Park at its finest.


If three days of nonstop music weren't enough for one weekend, The Red River Shootout (the Texas v. Oklahoma rivalry game) is set to kick off at 11AM Saturday morning at the Cotton Bowl in the middle of the Texas State Fairgrounds in Dallas. This will be my first time not being at the game in a while, and I am actually so depressed about missing it that I've been trying not to think about it. LUCKILY, the people in Austin understand that this game MUST be watched, so they've set up a tent in the middle of Zilker filled with television screens dedicated to displaying this glorious game. I think that they could sense my dismay and also only scheduled crappy bands during the game. *cue a rousing gospel choir belting out the Hallelujah Chorus*

I'm really hoping that the Football Gods ("Dear Our Lady of the Boobies...") and the Music Gods will get their shit together next year and schedule these things for different weekends. But this year I'm embracing the madness.

Update:
I had planned out a super mani for this weekend. But instead of actually getting it done.. I went to the hospital. I spent 7 hours there today, and I am just so exhausted that I can't do anything. Long story short, I have a kidney stone. I really only thought old people got those...? And I'm not out of the woods yet. It's supposed to get super painful really soon. So that'll be great for a 3 day outdoor music festival... Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment