Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Blood Splatter Mani


Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Halloween kinda snuck up on me this year. I have a really sweet costume I want to make, but I ran out of time :( Don't panic, I have a backup but it's not quite as awesome. At least my nails are ready to go!

This blood splatter was actually a lot easier than I expected it to be. I painted a plastic bag with a few layers of white polish and let it dry for a bit. The rectangle I painted was about twice as wide as my nails are long and about 6 inches long. You can make it a little larger if you're worried about messing up. Then I used a fan brush to splatter red polish around.


I let the paint dry over night. The next day, I painted a couple layers of the white polish onto my nails. Using tweezers, I carefully peeled the polish off the plastic and then cut it into nail-sized rectangles. Placing the polish strips onto mostly-dry nails allows the strip to adhear to the polish underneath. Cool, huh? Then I cut off the edges with cuticle scissors and added a topcoat.





No comments:

Post a Comment